Le Bonne Vie


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Antibes and Biot

Last Wednesday I had the day off and I was able to join a Provence Day Tour, where we traveled from village to village along the South of France. Our first stop was in the coastal town of Antibes. I walked along the fort which no longer protects the city from invading countries but rather it now protects the extraordinary artists Pablo Picasso’s pieces in its museum. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to go into the museum (I guess I will just have to come back someday), instead I walked along a Provencal market. Olives, cured meats, and cheese lined the street. From Antibes we went to the small town of Biot to a glass blowing factory. Watching the glass blowing brought back memories from last year of the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach with Dave and the Kiwis. The glassware was beautiful, but a little out of my price range. More pictures of villages to follow within the next few days.

1 comment: