Le Bonne Vie


Monday, July 25, 2011

French Cuisine

The French are well known for their food, whether it is a simple baguette and formage (cheese) of it is haute cuisine. One of the things that I learned here is that throughout France you will find different types of food and how they are prepared based on what region you are in. Of course in many restaurants you can find a wide variety of French food on the menu, yet the region you are in will play th emost influence on the options of your menu. In Cannes I found myself in the Cote de Azur region, with its specialities in sea food (especially mussels), salads, citrus, and a heavy influence of Italian food. I was quite in heaven and felt very fortunate to be in this region! Now the only trouble you may find when deciding what to eat is being able to read the menu! In my case this led to a lot of pizzas, because Pizza in English is Pizza in French. I also found myself in trouble at times ordering things that I hadn't quite anticipated, but I guess that is part of traveling. Without fail the desserts were always the most amazingly satisifying treats I could have hoped for! Always order dessert when traveling! When I am home in a couple of days, I know I will long for, jamon et fromage crepes, panini nutellas, fish in delictable basil cream sauce, violet ice cream, kinder joys, and of course... macaroons!











 
 






 


1 comment: