Le Bonne Vie


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Monaco

It was Thursday, the day before my day off and I had yet to book a day tour, not because I hadn’t tried but have found that it is not easy to book tours when you are traveling alone as many companies do not want to drive just one person around. Finally in the 11th hour my wonderful Provence tour group prevailed and I was able to join “The French Riviera” day tour. I woke bright and early on Friday, and got ready for my tour. I was joined by three very lovely women traveling from Ireland, who took me under their wing and added me as a fourth member of their travel group. I later found out that these three women had been traveling around the world together for 12 years. I hope to one day be able to be as fortunate as these three charming women, to have such wonderful travel companions, who get to share each other’s company as they share the world together… I am sure there are some wonderful friends out there who would like to help me acquire this new found aspiration of mine! Shell?
 
I was fortunate to get to stop in the Provencal Market of Antibes again and spend a blink of the eye in Saint Paul de Vence (it is never enough time there). Then after a quick drive through Nice, and stop at the Fragonard perfume factory in Eze, where I managed to buy more perfume; we were on our way to Monaco! After arriving in Monaco we at lunch together which included a glass of wine, seafood salad, chicken, fries, and crème caramel. We were then off to tour the palace, watch the changing of the guard and visit the cathedral before it was time to head back to the van to drive along the Formula One Grand Prix race track on our way across the harbor to Monte Carlo.

One of the many breath taking views along the coast to Monaco
Following my adopted travel companions (for the day)
The Palace
the newly weds were not home
Looking across from the Palace
The changing of the gaurd
One of the harbor views

The Cathedral
Part of the Oceanographic Museum
The starting Line for the Forumla One Grand Prix

No comments:

Post a Comment