Le Bonne Vie


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Saint Tropez









  
On the 4th of July (my day off), I celebrated by taking a day cruise up to Saint Tropez. I felt it was only justifiable to be on a boat or at the beach on my favorite holiday because that is what I would have  been doing at home. Only a bike ride and fireworks would have also been involved.  The boat ride lasted just over an hour and I was able to see some of the other beautiful coastal towns of the south of France. Saint Tropez is one of the beautiful jewels of the Mediterranean Sea! It has old buildings that date back to 1905 or possibly later that come right to the water’s edge. And in the water are lavish yachts of the rich and famous. Saint Tropez is known as a “playground to jetsetters” and with all the yachts I could see why. I spent the day walking around, taking photos, and enjoying the sites. I even had a wonderful lunch and ducked into a museum to hide out from some rain. Fortunately the rain was off and on and I didn’t get wet. Until I arrived home that night and was caught walking home in a thunder and lightning storm! Surprisingly enough by the time I reached my apartment I was drenched yet still sweating… gotta love warm tropical thunderstorms! At least it added to my French experience!  

1 comment:

  1. More vespas, your killing me. haha.

    Glad you were able to get onto the trip today! look forward to more pictures from it.

    DG

    ReplyDelete